27 July 2006

Wedding madness

I'm, as my Dad would say, a "women's libber" so I've been thinking a bit about asking Honey Bunny to marry me. Let me assure you... this has nothing at all to do with researching dress, shoe and hair possibilities and fanciful thoughts of cleverly-worded custom-designed letterpressed invitations. Ahem. Well, maybe just a teensy bit.

Well, slap me on the back and call me Judy because I had no idea there were so many options for fat girls in the wedding dress department! I seriously thought there would be like six whole styles to choose from, and they would be:

1) The 80's mutton-chop sleeve version

2) The super poofy princess version

3) The "it has to have long sleeves because I hate my arms" version

4) All above rolled into one

5) The "I can't find a wedding dress so will wear Mother of the Bride dress instead" version

- and last but not least -

6) The "I'm fat so I might as well dress like a Renaissance Faire wench" version

(I used to work at the Renaissance Faire so I'm allowed to joke about that last one.)

But no! Instead, there are beautiful and tasteful choices just like there are for the skinnier gals, and lots of vendors to choose from. Even Lane Bryant has come out with a small sampling of wedding dresses on their website. Who knew?

Slightly less shocking but still exciting is that there is now an endless array of bridesmaid dresses in sizes up to 28. You know, I was a bridesmaid five times in the 90's alone... it was always a challenge to find plus-size dresses, to the point where I had to have 3 of the 5 made for me by a tailor.

Wow!

Well anyhow, in case you're wondering -- I am seriously thinking about asking for HB's hand, and not because of the design possibilities. He's the love of my life and I couldn't imagine spending the rest of my life with anyone else. Awww!

(Hopefully he doesn't really read my blog, hee.)

No comments: